Do you know what to do with a spaghetti squash? Try this delicious recipe I got from the Healthy Lifestyle Exchange.
Useful tip: When picking out a squash choose one that is heavy for it’s size.
1 large spaghetti squash
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large Roma tomato, finely chopped
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. each salt & pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise down the middle. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and center strings.
3. Drizzle the two halves with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Bake the squash open side down on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes, or until the squash is soft and easily comes up with a fork into a spaghetti like texture. (Bake for another 10 minutes if it is too hard.)
5. Once cooked, scrape and fluff the stringy squash with a fork, leaving the squash in the skin.
6. Turn the oven up to broil.
7. Add the tomatoes and fresh basil into the squash, stir, and top with the mozzarella cheese.
8. Place in the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
9. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.