Looking for a way to enjoy the taste of kale along with its health benefits? Thanks to Amber Geiger, who made this recipe for our Taste of CFR, you can stop your search!
1 can roasted chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried (NOT steamed)
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Dash of garlic salt
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 big lemon, juice and zest
1 garlic clove, diced or put through a garlic press
Parmesan, freshly grated
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 bunch of kale, stems trimmed, washed, dried
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the chickpeas on a small rimmed baking sheet with the paprika, garlic salt and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. If there are a few that seem a little dry I spray some Pam on them. Roast the chickpeas for 10-12 minutes. I toss a couple of times to make sure they don’t burn; they should smell good and become a little bit crunchy.
- Whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil with the lemon zest and juice, garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Roughly tear the kale leaves into pieces and put into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss the leaves
- Serve the salad with some of the chickpeas spooned over the top and sprinkled with curls of Parmesan, if you like.