Nobody eats perfect all the time, but you can make healthier choices to satisfy that sweet tooth. Thanks to Pintrest and the blog NomNomNom, I found this great recipe that gives you that salty sweet combo without being a disaster to your waistline! However, you still need to watch your portion size and only have them on occasion!
2 large bananas
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp milk
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Slice the bananas into coins about 1/2–3/4 inch thick.
- Spread a little bit of peanut butter on top of each “coin.”
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and milk.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and milk in 15 second increments until you can whisk them together. It should be a dipable consistency. (Add a splash of milk if necessary.)
- Dip the banana and peanut butter in the melted chocolate using a fork.
- Place the chocolate coated bananas on the wax/parchment paper and place in the freezer until they are completely frozen. It usually takes 3–5 hours.
- Remove the frozen banana chunks from the sheet and store in a container in the freezer.
- Enjoy (in moderation)!